Sunday 19 February 2017

Time to restart efforts




Gosh, nearly 3 years since my last entry. Alas, in that time I have been slowing slipping back into old habits, ignoring my own advice and bemoaning the inevitable inches and weight piling up.

I could blame my endocrine condition, particularly the steroids prescribed in 2013 that made cravings overpowering - resulting in a steady 1 to 2 pounds gained each month - but to be fair I slipped into old habits. The steroids stopped, the weight stayed.

Despite short spells of healthy eating and exercise - including a short lived attempt learning to run, the weight slowly crept up to 76kg. That equates to 30 pounds gained since the end of 2012. Again shopping for size 14 attempting to hide the spare tyre.



So, with a revived motivation and determination (spurred on by a pending trip to my mum and sister) the calorie counting is back on. It's my most successful go-to-solution and with regular exercise and logging in each day, sticking  (mostly) to 1300 a day limit for the last 3 months I have lost 2.3kg (5 pounds).

Not mind blowing - but a healthy start (considering the time of year) and importantly I can start to see some changes in my body from the strength training.

This blog is being reactivated to help keep me focused and find solutions.

I am again utilising my old favourites:
- MyFitnessPal
- FitYummyMummy
- RunKeeper
- Seven

Here's to (what I'm determined will be) a successful journey toward the strong and stealth size small that I know is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post any helpful tips or suggestions