Thursday 21 February 2013

Crunch time!

Holiday time - more like 'ostrich indulgent' time (sticking my head in the sand of goodies while at the other end my butt gets *surprisingly* bigger all of a sudden).

So I've dragged my head out and started facing reality again - motivation greatly aided by the number showing on the scales and by the increasing amount of times I've had to pull my jeans zipper back up.

Knowing that less than one week of indulgence has piled on what will take me three weeks of 'good' / 'sensible' / 'supportive' eating to return to what I was makes the task slightly daunting. However, I also know that a week of really healthy eating can wipe most of the slate clean! Of course I also have to remind myself that I'm creating a lifestyle and not a one-off diet or debilitating phase. Steady does it.

Taking things a day at a time - and, when needed, a meal at a time is what works for me! Also, I return to the other trick that helps me stay on task and not feel deprived .... decide what I feel like eating then find a way to have this in a way that fits in with my (personally) allocated calorie limit for that meal.

This morning I felt like a Caramel latte (where we are staying they have a gorgeous Dolce Gusto coffee machine) and I wanted some of the yummy chocolate muesli calling from the cupboard and I fancied some banana! Whoa potential 500 calorie meal when my limit is 200.

The latte is only 70 calories. A few cm of banana is 50 calories. So that allows another 80 for strawberries (superfood low calorie favourite) and the devine muesli ... Just a sprinkle! Yet that sprinkle gave a lovely crunch and chew - satisfying and indulgent feeling. Perfect.

Tasted as good as it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post any helpful tips or suggestions